Cybersecurity engineer specializing in vulnerability management along with end-user awareness training with over 25 years of IT experience.
Master of Science in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance. At various points in my career, working in different IT positions, experiencing all seven layers of the OSI stack. Most of my career was spent around layers 2-4 doing network engineering for large service providers. Born in Iceland, dual citizen Iceland and the US
Solid background in automation, tooling, and scripting. Experienced in vendor & product selections.
Working on setting up end-user online security awareness training targeting non-technical folks via https://www.infosechelp.net/ As part of that have published a book on online safety for non-technical people which is available here https://amzn.to/2Svn3FK
Here are some of my credentials and qualifications on top of my decades of IT experience:
- Bachelor of Science Computer Engineering, Pacific Lutheran University 1994. Diploma
- Master of Science Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, Western Governors University 2019. Diploma
- Certified Ethical Hacker, EC Council 2018. Certificate
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator, EC Council 2018. Certificate
- SANS SEC560 Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking, SANS Institute 2018. Certificate
- SANS SEC460 Enterprise Threat and Vulnerability Assessment, SANS Institute 2019. Certificate
- Enterprise Incident Response Training, Mandiant 2018. Certificate
- Certified IT Architect Foundation, IASA Global 2017. Certificate
Also, while I have no DFIR experience outside of a classroom environment, I did write up a fictional cyber incident report based solely on my general cybersecurity knowledge and my imagination. If you’d like to read it, you can download it here.
To download my latest resume, covering my career going back to 2004 in a PDF format, click here, or for Microsoft Word format, click here. For a generic cover letter, click here.